Data elements monitored by the eWON from a data source such as the eWON's local inputs and outputs, PLC registers, and the eWON's memory, are referred to as Tags. Tags typically allow both reading from and writing to the data source.
Once your field data is linked to an eWON Tag you can take benefit of the eWON features linked to Tags like:
- Display the tag value inside a report or on a Web page
- Alarm triggering: specify alarm levels for the Tag and let eWON trigger the alarm
- Alarm notification: once an alarm has been triggered on a Tag, let eWON take an action like sending an email, an SMS or an FTP file
- Realtime logging: eWON can keep in RAM the X last samples of each Tag
- Historical logging: eWON can store the historical values of each tag
- This stored historical data can then be easily synchronized with an external server, using the DataManagement feature of the eWON.
Instructions for creating a Tag for your particular PLC can be found on our Support website under the PLC Area.
Check for the document called “Polling Data Registers from <brand> PLCs”.